CSCS Training Courses
Approved industry training.
We are now offering CSCS training at our Nottingham based training centre, to ensure that your team is kept up to date on health and safety in the workplace.
CSCS is the leading skills certification scheme within the UK construction industry. Without it, you cannot undertake any work on construction sites. CSCS cards provide proof that individuals have the required level of training and qualifications for the type of work they carry out.
To give the industry confidence in that brand, there are different levels of training at each point of CSCS training.
- Experience technical
- Supervisor or manager
- Experienced worker
- Trainee card
- Skilled worker
- Advanced craft
- Academically qualified person
- Construction related occupation
- Professionally qualified person
- Site visitor
- Trainee (craft and operative), trainee (technical, supervisory and management).
We provide training for all levels of these CSCS qualifications. CSCS card applicants need to prove they have the training and qualifications required to carry out their job and apply for the correct card for their occupation. Cards cost £30 and the separate CITB Health, Safety and Environment test costs £37.50.
We are a CITB independent test centre (ITC), and have a dedicated room set up especially for the CITB and CSCS tests. Located 3 miles outside of Nottingham City Centre, we have ample off street free parking, and can offer tests the same day if needed.
Running regular Health and Safety Awareness Courses, we also offer the option for you to do the computer test straight after, meaning you would sit both the course and test in the same day.
Our course aims to teach:
- The principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work
- The importance of safe manual handling in the workplace
- The importance of working safely at height in the workplace
- The risks to health within a construction environment
- The importance of working around plant and equipment safely.
The scheme keeps a database of people working in construction who have achieved, or are committed to achieving the recognised construction qualification. Most principal contractors and major house builders require construction workers on their sites to hold a valid CSCS card.